‘GovTech’ – Support of Technological Innovations for Public Sector Challenges – Call for Proposals
The incentive track is designed to encourage and assist entrepreneurs seeking to meet the challenges and needs of the public sector with innovative technological solutions (in a variety of fields: education, health, economy, justice, local authority and more).
Digital Health, Edtech/digital education, Social welfare, Digital Local Government, Employment and development of Human Capital, Digital Economy, Digital services for Senior Citizens, Digital Legal Services, Digital Infrastructures and Services
- Applications of up to 300,000 NIS – up to 80% funding
- Applications of up to 4,000,000 NIS – up to 50%* funding
(*additional 10% for Zone A periphery)
Applications will be evaluated according to the following:
- Product and technology – innovation level, including technological and functional innovation, advantages in comparison with existing solutions, the existence of a realistic R&D plan and potential to reach significant milestones during the project period.
- Team – Expertise and knowledge in the relevant field, team capability and mobilization of human resources to reach the project’s objectives
- Business Plan – Existence of a clear business plan to develop the R&D at commercial scale, within a reasonable amount of time, including the ability to raise funds and/or engage partners.
- Public Sector feasibility – adherence to the list of challenges designed according to Israel’s national digital plan, feasibility and implementation potential within the public sector in Israel.
- Social Impact – Expected social and public impact of the R&D, existence of a clear plan to generate social return alongside financial returns.
* For the full list of preferred sectors (in Hebrew): click here
Two application deadlines in 2019
- First application period:
11.02.2019 – 11.04.2019 until 14:00
Responses expected around July 2019
- Second application period:
11.07.2019 – 11.09.2019 until 14:00
Responses expected in December 2019