Support Program for Innovation in Selected Fields – Local Authorities
This program, that supports R&D and pilot programs of innovative technological products used by local authority entities that are expected to economize and improve the services provided to citizens, is operated jointly by the Innovation Authority, the Ministry of the Interior, and the Headquarters for the National Digital Israel Initiative in the Ministry for Social Equality. The products submitted as part of this program must be ready for trial and without significant R&D content.
Goal of the incentive program
- To create and develop whole sustainable companies in the operational spheres of the Israeli local authorities by advancing innovative technological solutions.
- To develop and apply innovative technologies in the spheres of local authorities’ operations.
- To economize and improve local authority entities in Israel and around the world.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Israeli technology companies in the fields of services provided by local authority entities.
What do you get?
- Financial support of between 20%-50% of the approved R&D expenditure.
- Special support of 60% of the approved R&D expenditure will be given to projects with potential for an exceptional influence on the advancement of local authority systems in Israel and worldwide, to projects that constitute a technological breakthrough in their field, or to conduct a pilot program in authorities located in National Priority zones.
- The possibility to receive assistance in connecting with local authorities and examining regulatory restrictions.
This program is part of the Joint Government Support for Pilot Programs.
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this program, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority’s Hebrew site: https://innovationisrael.org.il/growth/pilot/authorities