Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute), Taiwan
The Taiwan-Israel R&D cooperation program was created with the goal of promoting industrial R&D cooperation between companies from Taiwan and from Israel.
Israel Innovation Authority and ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute) on behalf of The Department of Industrial Technology (DoIT) of the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA), invite companies from Israel and Taiwan to submit joint proposals for industrial research and development projects under the program's Calls for Proposals (CFP) for financial support.
For full details on the Call for Proposals, including full deadlines, terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Guidelines document.
- At least one science and technology company from the respective economies, fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below, should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side.
- Academic/Research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- Companies and projects from all technology fields are eligible to apply.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process. The companies also have to observe the relevant IPR requirements under the respective government funding schemes.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both economies.
- The project should be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is three years subject to the rules of the respective government funding schemes.
Funding support will be provided to each partner through its own implementing & funding organisation (either DoIT in Taiwan or Israel Innovation Authority) in accordance with the respective laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.
In Israel -
In Taiwan -
Please note the differences in the submission process between Taiwan and Israel.
For full details, read carefully the attached CFP Guidelines Document
The application procedure including 2 phases:
Submission is open until March 30, 2019
- Fill out a Bilateral Cooperation Form (attached below) together with your partner and prepare the Letter of Intent re: IP plan.
- Apply! - Israeli companies are requested to submit their Bilateral form+LOI (Letter of Intent), and send all forms via email to the Israeli Program Manager, Ms. Nofar Hamrany: email@example.com
Submission is open until May 19, 2019
Please submit an online funding application to the Israel Innovation Authority.
Only companies approved in the 1st phase will be able to submit for the 2nd phase.
The current call for proposals is open to companies that already have identified partners and have a mature project plan. However, Israel Innovation Authority and ITRI can assist companies in identifying potential partners for R&D projects for future Calls for Proposals. Please fill out a Partner Search Form to receive dedicated assistance and to enter the Israel Innovation Authority partner search database.