Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
Embassy of Israel In Kenya
Israel's Foreign Trade Administration at the Ministry of Economy and Industry
Konza Technopolis Development Authority (Kenya)
Konza Technopolis is Kenya’s first smart city, built to world class standards and provides limitless possibilities and a high quality of life for its residents. Safety of the city, its people and the environment is critical if this vision is to be realized. The Technopolis is envisaged to be home to 200,000 people. The top team will receive a cash reward to assist in commercializing the innovation. The winning start-up will also get an opportunity to pilot the innovations within the Technopolis and get free working space.
Konza Technopolis in collaboration with the Embassy of Israel in Kenya have partnered to host an innovation challenge to address various issues at Konza. The Konza innovation challenge targets innovations in response to the advancement of Konza Technopolis, that will utilize technology to power the City’s smart ambitions. The challenge will provide an opportunity for innovators in Israel to solve for the immediate and long-term needs of Konza, provide an opportunity for innovator cross-pollination and collaborations between the two countries and foster the spirit of partnership for innovation among the two countries.
Who can apply?
- An individual or group start-up
- Should be led by Israel National
- Should have been in operation for less than 2 years
- Should be having ready solutions to the challenge at the time of presentation
- Should be ready to execute the solutions presented
All applicants should send their application for the challenge through the Konza Technopolis Development Authority website
Konza Technopolis is seeking:
A solution/innovation of a smart attendance system for registration and access system (card & biometric) which includes but is not limited to:
- Biometric attendance
- Key card attendance system
- NFC smart cards
- Key fobs
- Biometric recognition
- big data analytics
The winning team will receive a reward of $5,000 to assist in the commercialization of the innovation at the Konza Technopolis Development Authority. Free working space and data storage will also be provided during the pilot period.
The deadline for submission is 16/02/21 at 12:00 (Israel Time)
Interested parties shall apply for consideration for 3 rounds of judging: All ideas received shall go through an initial vetting process.
- Ideas that demonstrate a strong and viable solution will pitch their idea online before a panel of judges from both Israel and Kenya. This will present an opportunity for the judges to engage the start-ups through questions and answers session.
- The judges will then select the best ten ideas for each challenge and recommend them to proceed to the final stage of judging.