Deadline for Submission
Brazilian Agency for Research and Industrial Innovation (EMBRAPII)
The purpose of the Industrial R&D Program between The Brazilian Agency for Research and Industrial Innovation (EMBRAPII) and the Israel Innovation Authority is to support greater collaboration among Brazilian and Israeli companies and researchers.
The program will support large-scale collaboration projects for up to 24 months.
Upon approval, Israeli companies will be entitled to 12 months of financial support, and will be eligible for a second year of funding subject to review of the project milestones.
Cooperation proposals should be in line with the following requirements:
- The participation of at least one company from each country is mandatory. Research institutes and other companies may participate as partners or subcontractors in the cooperation project, respecting the financing rules of each country.
- The proposal should result in the development of an improved or new product, process or service with industrial application intended for commercialization in domestic and/or global markets, including proof of concept projects for technology based solutions.
- The new product / process / service should be innovative, have relevant market potential, technological risk and add value to the economies of both countries.
- The project should demonstrate adequate balance and complementarity between the two partners in relation to the R&D phases.
- The project should present a clear competitive advantage and differentiated value proposition as a result of cooperation between the participants of the two countries (increase of knowledge base, access to R&D infrastructure, new fields of application, for example).
- Companies should present a strategy which, given their technological, commercial and financial aspects, demonstrates their potential to introduce the new product / process / service into the markets of both countries and/or third countries.
- Partners in the project must agree in advance on the allocation of intellectual property rights (IP) between companies, as well as the marketing strategy. This agreement should reflect a proportional allocation and a fair return for both partners in relation to their respective investments.
- Partners in Israel and in Brazil should be able to implement the project and finance their respective shares.
- Any partnership whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the above criteria may present it in this Call in accordance with applicable national laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
Maximum award from Israel Innovation Authority: typically up to 50% of the Israeli R&D cost + regional (development zones) incentives.
The program will support collaboration projects for up to 24 months.
Upon approval from both parties, Israeli companies will be entitled to 12 months of financial support, and will be eligible for a second year of funding subject to review of the project milestones.
Funding awarded by the Israel Innovation Authority will be granted upon approval from both parties and shall comply with the Israeli laws and regulations for Industrial R&D.
For more information regarding the Israeli laws and regulations, please refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site.
Please complete an Expression of interest form (EOI) (available bellow via downloads) and email the form by September 26th, 2019, to Mr. Alan Hofman, Alan.email@example.com
Due by September 26th, 2019
Please submit an online funding application to the Israel Innovation Authority.
- Please read the instructions and regulations carefully before submitting the funding application.
For instruction on how to submit the Israel Innovation Funding Application:
Please click here for Hebrew.
Please click here for English
- Please attach the EOI form to the funding application under “additional attachments”.
- For online submission (Hebrew only), please click here.
- After submitting the funding application, please email Mr. Alan Hofman the file number you receive, or your company number.