Shanghai-Israel R&D Program – 7th Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submission:14/07/2019
7th Call for Proposal is now open for applications for the Israel-Shanghai joint R&D program!
Israel Innovation Authority in Israel and the Science & Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality, invite companies from Israel and Shanghai to submit joint proposals for industrial research and development projects under the Shanghai-Israel R&D Cooperation Program.
For full details on the Call for Proposals, including terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Guidelines document
The program financial support will not exceed 50% of the eligible and approved R&D costs, in the form of a conditional grant and in accordance with Israel Innovation Authority national laws and regulations.
The total support from the Government of the Shanghai Municipality is between 1M-2M RMB per project. The government gives the support to subsidize the R&D expenditure of the project and will decide the amount of support for each project, taking into consideration the total number of approved projects and the available funding for the program each year.
- At least two science and technology companies from the respective countries should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side;
Please note: academic/research entities are eligible to join only as sub-contractors.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process.
Please note: For the submission phase, only an LOI (Letter of Intent), a preliminary agreement or draft MoU is required (the final agreement has to be presented to the funding authorities).
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries.
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
For more information on the registration in Shanghai, please see:
The application submitted in 2 phases:
Deadline for submission: June 12nd, 2019
- Fill out a Bilateral Cooperation Form (Phase I Application) together with your partner and prepare the Letter of Intent re: IP plan. The submitted form should be identical and filled either in English or both English and Chinese.
- Apply (1st phase) – Both companies (from Israel and Shenzhen) should submit their Bilateral Cooperation Form+Letter of Intent (LOI) via email to the Israeli and Shanghai Program Managers.
Deadline for submission: July 14th, 2019 (by 14:00)
- Following the Phase I application submission, project applications will be reviewed, and eligible applicants will be notified of Phase II procedures, which require both applicants to submit separate national applications for funding.
- The Israeli partner is required to submit an IIA National Application form in accordance with the IIA regulations, through an online system. A signed copy of the Bilateral Application Form and the LOI are required to be uploaded as well.
For the full information and conditions for Bilateral Program for Parallel Support click here.
For the Shanghai (China)-Israel R&D Cooperation Program Guideline – click here.
For downloading the Bilateral Form for the 1st Phase – click here.
Interested in applying but don’t have a partner? Fill out a partner search form and we will do our best to assist you in finding the right partner for you.
In addition to access to funding schemes, the program offers companies from Israel and Shanghai to get assistance in identifying potential partners for R&D projects. This service is offered on an on-going basis. Companies interested in this service are invited to fill out a program’s Partner Search Form.