Israel-Indiana Collaborative R&D 1st Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submission:31/01/2019
This call for proposal is designed to promote opportunities for conducting joint industrial R&D projects between entities from Israel and from Indiana. Joint projects awarded through this program will be funded through existing funding mechanisms accessible to the Israel Innovation authority and IEDC, respectively, and may be leveraged by other investments consistent with the Israeli policies and procedures.
Israel Innovation Authority and IEDC expect companies to seek collaboration partners independently, but will assist companies in identifying relevant partners. The Israel Innovation Authority holds a database of Israeli technology companies and provides “on-demand” partner matching services. IEDC has direct access to a state-wide database of established companies and works closely with subject-matter focused public private partnerships, such as Agrinovus, in the designated technology domains that are the focus of this call for proposal.
Precision Agriculture, Cybersecurity
The Israel Innovation Authority will assist in partner matching and provide funding of up to 50% (+regional incentives, if applicable) of the approved R&D costs.
The program will support collaboration projects for up to 24 months.
Upon approval from both parties, Israeli companies will be entitled to 12 months of financial support, and will be eligible for a second year of funding subject to review of the project milestones.
Funding awarded by the Israel Innovation Authority will be granted upon approval from the American partner and shall comply with the Israeli rules and regulations for Industrial R&D (link in Hebrew).
- The participation of at least one company from each country is mandatory. Research institutes and other companies may participate as partners or subcontractors in the cooperation project, respecting the financing rules of each country.
- The proposal should result in the development of an improved or new product, process or service with industrial application intended for commercialization in domestic and/or global markets, including proof of concept projects for technology based solutions.
- The new product / process / service should be innovative, have relevant market potential, technological risk and add value to the economies of both countries.
- The project should demonstrate adequate balance and complementarity between the two partners in relation to the R&D phases.
- The project should present a clear competitive advantage and differentiated value proposition as a result of cooperation between the participants of the two countries (increase of knowledge base, access to R&D infrastructure, new fields of application, for example).
- Companies should present a strategy which, given their technological, commercial and financial aspects, demonstrates their potential to introduce the new product / process / service into the markets of both countries and/or third countries.
- Partners in the project must agree in advance on the allocation of intellectual property rights (IP) between companies, as well as the marketing strategy. This agreement should reflect a proportional allocation and a fair return for both partners in relation to their respective investments.
- Partners in Israel and in the U.S should be able to implement the project and finance their respective shares.
- Any partnership whose cooperative R&D project is consistent with the above criteria may present it in this Call in accordance with applicable national laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
The focus of this call for proposal will be on the following technology domains:
- Precision Agriculture
Expressions of interest having potentially high impact will be accepted in technology domains beyond those specified above.
t Phase 1: Expression of Interest
Please submit an Expression of interest form (EOI) for assessment (available bellow via downloads) by January 31st, 2019 to Jonathan Cohen, Jonathan.Cohen@innovationisrael.org.il
Eligible companies can peruse to phase 2.
Phase 2: Funding Application due by May 7th 2019.
Please submit an online funding application to the Israel Innovation Authority.
- Please read the instructions and regulations carefully before submitting the funding application.
For instruction on how to submit the Israel Innovation Funding Application:
Please click here for Hebrew.
Please click here for English
- Please attach the EOI form to the funding application under “additional attachments”.
- For online submission (Hebrew only), please click here.
- After submitting the funding application, please email Jonathan Cohen the file number you receive, or your company number.