Israel-Beijing R&D Program – 1st Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submission:26/05/2020
1st Call for Proposal is now open for applications for the Israel-Beijing joint R&D program!
Israel Innovation Authority and Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission invite companies from Israel and the Beijing to submit joint proposals for industrial R&D and pilot projects under the Israel-Beijing R&D Cooperation Program.
For full details on the Call for Proposals, including terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Guidelines document.
All technology sectors
The program financial support will not exceed 50% of the eligible and approved R&D costs, in the form of a conditional grant and in accordance with Israel Innovation Authority national laws and regulations.
The total funding to a project from the Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission shall not exceed 50% of the approved R&D expenses of a project.
- At least two science and technology companies from the respective countries, fulfilling the company eligibility criteria mentioned below, should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side; academic/research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint Technological Innovation project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- Companies and projects from the technology fields including robot technology, Information and Telecommunications, materials and nanotechnology, biotechnology and medical devices, and clean technology.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process.*
Note: For the submission phase, only an LOI (Letter of Intent), a preliminary agreement or draft MoU is required, however the final agreement has to be presented to the funding authorities.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is three years.
The application submitted in 2 phases:
Deadline for submission: April 6th, 2020
- Fill out a Bilateral Cooperation Form (Phase I Application) together with your partner and prepare the Letter of Intent re: IP plan. The submitted form should be identical, filled either in English or both English and Chinese, and submitted via email to the Israeli and Beijing Program Managers.
Deadline for submission: May 26th, 2020
- Following the Phase I application submission, project applications will be reviewed and eligible applicants will be notified of Phase II procedures, which require both applicants to submit separate national applications for funding.
- The Israeli partner is required to submit an IIA National Application form in accordance with the IIA regulations, through an online system. A signed copy of the Bilateral Application Form and the LOI are required to be uploaded as well.
- View the full information and conditions for Bilateral Program for Parallel Support.
- View the Israel-Beijing R&D Cooperation Program Guideline.
- Download the Bilateral Application Form for the 1st Phase.
Interested in applying but don’t have a partner? Fill out a partner search form and we will do our best to assist you in finding the right partner for you.
In addition to access to funding schemes, the program offers companies from Israel and Beijing to get assistance in identifying potential partners for R&D projects. This service is offered on an on-going basis. Companies interested in this service are invited to fill out a program’s Partner Search Form.