Visas for Foreign High-Tech Experts Incentive Program
As part of the efforts to contend with the shortage of skilled high-tech personnel in Israel, starting 2018 the Innovation Authority together with the State Population and Immigration Authority launched a specially designated visa program for foreign high-tech experts.
Goal of the incentive program
To alleviate the bureaucratic process involved in bringing a foreign expert from abroad for high-tech companies in Israel.
Who is the incentive program for?
- High-tech companies seeking skilled personnel in various fields.
What do you get?
Foreign high-tech experts from the Ukrain:
Starting April 10th, 2022, technology companies can bring to Israel foreign High-tech Experts from the Ukraine (including their families) for up to 90 days, with no Minimum salary limitation.
- Ukrainian experts arriving without their families for a period of less than 90 days – Download form.
- Ukrainian experts arriving with their families for a period of less than 90 days – Download form
- Ukrainian experts apply for additional 90 day special request – Download form
Foreign high-tech experts entitled under the “Law of Return” for more details click here
Foreign high-tech experts:
- A work visa for up to 1 year, with the option to extend it each year for up to 5 years.
- A work visa for the expert’s spouse upon receipt of the foreign expert visa.
- An expedited processing of the request (6-10 business days).
Criteria for evaluation
In order to process a visa request, the expert must meet the following criteria:
- The foreign expert must be a citizen of one of the countries that are exempt from the requirement to issue a tourist visa to Israel.
- The expert’s salary will be at least double the average wage in Israel.
- The company submitting the request is a high-tech company authorized by the Innovation Authority.
For details, contact: Email: Aviya.Asher@innovationisrael.org.il
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this program, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority’s Hebrew site: Click Here