The incentive program’s goals
The Innovation Labs program is designed to provide entrepreneurs with an access to unique technological infrastructure, market insights, marketing avenues and industry expertise, in order to reach a proof of concept and transform technological ideas into products. The lab offers corporations an opportunity to implement open innovation, take part in the leading Israeli eco-system and gain exposure to a plethora of innovative developments.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Leading corporations that are interested in establishing innovation labs and take part in the cutting-edge Israeli technological community.
- Entrepreneurs with a technological idea that are interested in gaining access to a unique technological infrastructure, leading corporate innovation teams, market expertise; and exposure to corporation’s network, including customers and investors.
What do you get?
- Three year license with the possibility to extend the license for additional three years.
- The Authority will fund up to NIS 4 million for the lab’s establishment (33% of the costs, 50% in the periphery areas), and up to NIS 500,000 (50% of the approved budget) of the ongoing operating expenditures of the lab, each year.
- An attractive grant: A conditional grant of up to NIS 850 thousand over a period of 1 year (85% of the approved budget).
Why should you apply for this program?
The Israeli eco-system: Exposure to the Israeli innovation ecosystem as a source of growth.
Open innovation leadership: An opportunity to create value for stakeholders.
Risk Sharing: Cost and risk sharing with the Israeli Innovation Authority.
Collaboration with corporations: an opportunity to gain access to technological infrastructure to reach a proof of concept and market value offered by the corporate.
Flexible conditions: The entrepreneur is not required to establish a company before the project is approved by the Innovation Authority.
Attractive funding model: The incentive program offers participation in the risks involved in the company’s development process but not in future profits or successes. A company undertakes to repay the grants received by the Authority via royalty payments from product sales.
Labs - Submission per Call for Proposals
Entrepreneurs - Yearlong submission of applications
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this program, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site: https://innovationisrael.org.il/startup/programsrnd/labs