Goal of the incentive program:
To encourage and support long-term R&D of large companies, which invest in the development of infrastructural knowledge that can be implemented in a series of products over a long time frame. The R&D plans under the arrangement are exempt from royalties (full grants). R&D projects submitted to this incentive program should include a long-term R&D plan or collaboration with another Israeli company.
Who is the incentive program for?
- Large Israeli companies that employ at least 200 employees in R&D or with a R&D budget in Israel of at least USD 20 million. In addition, the company’s average yearly sales (including subsidiaries) must exceed USD 70 million for 3 years; or its parent company’s total revenue (with a direct or indirect holding of at least 80%) exceeds USD 2.5 billion.
- highlighting the various product's generations.
What do you get?
- A grant of 20%-50% of the approved R&D expenditures for long-term R&D plans or for an R&D project executed in cooperation with another Israeli company.
- Companies operating in Area ‘A’ Development Regions will be eligible for additional support of 10%
- A company receiving the support will not be obliged to pay royalties to the Authority.
Why should you apply for this incentive program?
Financial grant: The incentive program offers a grant used for the R&D process of a new product or the upgrade of an existing product.
Long-term R&D: The incentive program enables long-term R&D operations in order to develop innovative technologies that provide a competitive advantage for the company.
Attractive financing model: The incentive program offers substantial financial benefits as well as participation in risks involved in the development process but not in the future profits or successes.
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this program, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site: https://innovationisrael.org.il/program/2855