Companies from Israel and Shanghai (China) engaged in collaborative R&D projects are invited to apply for financial support through the Shanghai -Israel R&D Cooperation Program.
For more information on this call for proposal's program: click here
Israel Innovation Authority in Israel and Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality (STCSM), invite companies from Israel and the City of Shanghai to submit joint proposals for industrial research and development projects under the Shanghai-Israel R&D Cooperation Program.
For full details on the Call for Proposals, including terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Call for Proposals Guidelines
- At least two science and technology companies from the respective countries should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side;
Please note: academic/research entities are eligible to join only as sub-contractors.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process.
Please note: For the submission phase, only an LOI (Letter of Intent), a preliminary agreement or draft MoU is required (the final agreement has to be presented to the funding authorities).
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries.
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
In Israel - The program financial support will not exceed 50% of the eligible and approved R&D costs, in the form of a conditional grant and in accordance with Israel Innovation Authority national laws and regulations.
In Shanghai - The total support from the Government of the Shanghai Municipality is between 1M-2M RMB per project. The government gives the support to subsidize the R&D expenditure of the project and will decide the amount of support for each project, taking into consideration the total number of approved projects and the available funding for the program each year.
For more information on the registration in Shanghai, please see: http://www.stcsm.gov.cn
HOW CAN I APPLY ?
- Read completely the attached CFP Guidelines Document.
- Fill out a Bilateral Cooperation Form (Phase I Application) together with your partner, and prepare the Letter of Intent re: IP plan . The submitted form should be identical and filled either in English or both English and Chinese .
- Apply (1st phase)! Both companies (from Israel and Shanghai) should submit their Bilateral Cooperation Form+Letter of Intent (LOI) via email to the Israeli and Shanghai Program Managers according to the mentioned deadline.
Both Israel Innovation Authority and STCSM representative will notify the companies weather they can proceed to 2nd phase submission. 2nd phase submission is done separately according to the forms, rules and regulations of Israel and Shanghai.
PARTNER MATCHING ASSISTANCE
The current call for proposals is open to companies that already have identified partners and have a mature project plan. However, Israel Innovation Authority and Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai Municipality can assist companies in identifying potential partners for R&D projects for future Calls for Proposals.
Please fill out and send us this Partner Search Form to receive dedicated assistance.
Special guidelines for Israeli applicants in the following attachment "הנחיות להגשת טפסי תמיכה לרשות החדשנות"
For the Chinese version please click here