Deadline for Submission
Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Director General for Cultural and Economic Promotiona and Innovation, Italian Republic
Israel Innovation Authority
Within the activities foreseen by the Agreement on Industrial, Scientific and Technological Research and Development Cooperation between Italy and Israel (hereinafter called “the Agreement”), the Directorate General for Cultural and Economic Promotion and Innovation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for the Italian Party, and ISERD – the Israel-Europe R&D Directorate for the Israeli Party, on behalf of the Israel Innovation Authority (hereinafter called “the Parties”), are starting the procedures for the selection of projects eligible for financial support as in Article 4 of the Agreement.
Joint Italian-Israeli R&D projects can be presented in the following areas, as listed in Article 2 of the Agreement:
- medicine, biotechnology, public health and hospital organization;
- agriculture and food science;
- application of information technology to education and scientific research;
- environment, water treatment;
- new energy sources, oil alternatives and exploitation of natural resources;
- innovation in production processes;
- information technology, data communications, software, cyber security;
- space and earth observation;
- any other area of mutual interest.
- The Italian partner can be an industrial entity (company) or a non-industrial entity (university, research center, etc.). The applying industrial entity must be a company that runs R&D activities, and realizes the project either independently or in association with other public or private companies or entities. In case the company does not run R&D activities directly, it must be assisted by a non-industrial entity (university, research center, technological park) able to carry out the proposed research as an associate. The product or service resulting from the research activities must show evident potentialities of improving already existing products or creating new ones on the market, in order to guarantee sale profits to the participating company. The applying non-industrial entity (university, research center) must be associated with an industrial entity, whether or not it runs R&D activities, for the realization of the project;
- The Israeli partner must be an R&D performing company, which will incur revenue from selling the product/service developed during the project. The Israeli partner may be technologically and scientifically assisted by a non-industrial entity (university, research center, etc.) as a subcontractor;
- The Italian and Israeli partners must express their willingness to cooperate, on a balanced basis, towards the development of a new product, industrial process or service;
- The product, process or service must be innovative;
- The project’s content and budget should be well balanced between the Italian and Israeli partners;
- Cost estimates must be congruous with the planned activities;
- The intellectual property regarding the output of the financed projects must be regulated in accordance with the “Partnership Agreement” finalized by the winners of the approved projects.
In Israel, projects must be submitted in PDF format by Monday, October 28th 2019 at 23:59 (local Israeli time) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
In Israel, the applicants shall also electronically submit a full funding request, in Hebrew, to the Israel Innovation Authority by no later than Tuesday, November 19th 2019 at 17:00 IL time. The Israeli applicants should follow the rules and regulations of the Israel Innovation Authority; in particular, when filling the budget spreadsheet, applicants should stick to eligible items only (more details on eligibility can be found in the spreadsheet template itself).