Modular construction RFI
תאריך אחרון להגשה28/04/2022
תיאור הקול הקורא
The Israel Innovation Authority and the Ministry of Construction and Housing of Israel invite companies dealing in industrialized construction, developers/contractors and manufacturing companies from the construction industry to respond to this request for information (RFI) regarding Modular construction of buildings, and/or setting up manufacturing capabilities for modular housing units
The Israel Innovation Authority and the Ministry of Construction and Housing of Israel are cooperating to advance innovation in the construction field in general, and specifically in modular construction. As part of the advancement and incentive to integrate innovation and streamlining the construction industry in Israel, we would like to examine the construction of a multistorey residential building with volumetric modular units as an innovative means of construction, featuring advantages in this respect.
Within this initiative, high-rise module-based construction technologies manufactured through industrialized production, will be evaluated as part of the implementation processes of innovation in the construction industry.
As part of an inter-ministerial collaboration, we invite the following: companies dealing in industrialized construction, technology companies working in the construction sector, contractors and construction companies to provide information regarding the design, fabrication and maintenance of residential buildings constructed using volumetric modular units and/or manufacturing processes of volumetric modular units.
The RFI is intended for development companies and/or contracting companies and/or manufacturing companies in the construction industry in Israel or to companies operating abroad, as well as to anyone that has information relevant for this RFI.
Information requested from the public:
The Ministries are seeking information as to the below:
- Data about the responder (occupation, main technologies, key personnel etc.)
- Construction of a residential structure using volumetric modular units
- A financial model and a risk assessment for the construction of structures using modular units
- Design aspects – means and methods for designing a structure modularly, standards and licensing
- Advanced technologies in the design and construction of the structure, including special equipment for the pilot
- Benefits derived from constructing a structure using modular units (in terms of duration of design and build, costs, maintenance of the modular units, environmental benefits, energy benefits etc.)
- Information about the data which can be collected and analyzed as part of such a pilot
- Setting up a local factory in Israel to manufacture modular units
- Financial model and a risk assessment for the setting up of the infrastructure for the manufacturing of modular units
- The milestones and challenges in setting up a modular units manufacturing facility
- Design aspects and required characteristics for a factory of this type (area required, set-up time, costs, factory output, profitability and so forth)
- The equipment required for setting up manufacturing infrastructure in this field.
Method to submit response to this RFI:
- This RFI is subjected to Israel Innovation Authority program No. 2 – supporting technological innovation of the industry, jointly with government ministries, sub-program J – joint support with the Israeli Ministry of Construction and Housing. In any case of a contradiction between this RFI and the program’s directives, the track directives will take precedence.
- A company interested in obtaining additional information, or which would like to respond to the RFI, is invited to read the full version of the RFI (in the attachments)
- Responses to the RFI can be submitted no later than April 28, 2022 at 17:00 (Israel Time).
- Responses shall be sent to the following email address: Modular_construction@innovationisrael.org.il