Hong Kong-Israel R&D Program – call for proposal
תאריך אחרון להגשה01/01/2019
תיאור הקול הקורא
The Hong Kong-Israel R&D Cooperation Program was established with the goal of promoting industrial R&D cooperation between Hong Kong and Israel, and enabling Israeli and Hong Kong companies that are engaged in R&D collaboration to access government funding for their joint R&D projects.
For more information on this call for proposal’s program: click here
Hong Kong and Israeli companies are welcome to submit proposals for funding for bilateral industrial research and development (R&D) projects, involving at least one company from each economy, which include science and technology (S&T) development and may lead to commercialization, social good and benefit to both economies.
The HK-IL R&D Cooperation Program is open to all technology sectors . Applications under the HK-IL R&D Cooperation Program can be submitted all year round.
In order to apply, companies and projects must meet the following criteria:
- At least one science and technology compan y from the respective economies , fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below, should express a wish to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side.
- Academic/Research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialisation in the global market.
- Companies and projects from all technology fields are eligible to apply.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialisation strategy of the product or process. The companies also have to observe the relevant IPR requirements under the respective government funding schemes.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both economies.
- The project should be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is t wo years subject to the rules of the respective government funding schemes.
For full details on the HK-IL R&D Cooperation Program, including terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Guidelines document.
Funding support will be provided to each partner through its own implementing & funding organizations (either ITC in Hong Kong or the Israel Innovation Authority) in accordance with the respective laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.
For more information on funding conditions please see:
In Hong Kong: http://www.itf.gov.hk/l-eng/ESS.asp
In Israel: https://innovationisrael.org.il/zira/2763
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Hong Kong Company:
- Read completely the “ESS – Guide to Filling in the Application Form” and the “ESS – Frequently Asked Questions” on ITF website at http://www.itf.gov.hk/l-eng/itf_Guide.asp and http://www.itf.gov.hk/l-eng/ESS_FAQ.asp.
- All ESS applications must be submitted through ITC Funding Administrative System (“ITCFAS”), at https://www3.itf.gov.hk/. Please note that each applicant has to first complete the user registration process with ITCFAS before being granted the right to use the system for the submitting and the subsequent processing of the application
- Read completely the attached Guidelines Document.
- Express interest in applying by emailing Talia.Goshen@innovationisrael.org.il (please include your full details and contact details of your partner, as well as title/brief description of your project in English)
- Fill out a CAF – Cooperation Application Form (Phase I) and prepare the Letter of Intent regarding your intended IP plan for the Joint project. The CAF and the LOI should be both signed by both the Israeli and HK Company.
- Apply! Israeli companies are requested to submit their application (CAF+LOI) online via the Israel Hebrew website – Israel Innovation Authority. In order to get a username and password to access the online application system, Israeli companies should create a company profile or ask the program manager for their login details.
*See all relevent attachments below
PARTNER MATCHING ASSISTANCE
MATIMOP and Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP), can assist companies in identifying potential partners for R&D projects. Please fill out and send us this Partner Search Form to receive dedicated assistance.