Taiwan-Israel R&D Program – 2018 Calls for Proposals
Companies from Israel and Taiwan are welcome to submit applications for financial support for Bilateral Industrial R&D projects under the Taiwan-Israel R&D Cooperation Program.
For more information on this call for proposal’s program: click here
During 2018 two Calls for Proposals will be launched:
5th Call: 1st phase deadline – 11.5.2018 / 2nd phase deadline – 15.6.2018
6th Call: 1st phase deadline -15.11.2018 / 2nd phase deadline – 23.12.2018
For full details on the Call for Proposals, including full deadlines, terms of funding and eligibility requirements, please read the attached Guidelines document.
Funding support will be provided to each partner through its own implementing & funding organisation (either DoIT in Taiwan or Israel Innovation Authority ) in accordance with the respective laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.
In Israel –
In Taiwan –
- http://aiip.tdp.org.tw/HOW CAN I APPLY ?
- Please note that the differences in the submission process in Taiwan and Israel.
For full details, read carefully the attached CFP Guidelines Document
- Fill out a Bilateral Cooperation Form (Phase I Application) together with your partner and prepare the Letter of Intent re: IP plan.
- Apply! Israeli companies are requested to submit their Bilateral form+LOI (Letter of Intent), and send all forms via email to the Israeli and Taiwanese Program Managers
PARTNER MATCHING ASSISTANCE
The current call for proposals is open to companies that already have identified partners and have a mature project plan. However, Israel Innovation Authority and ITRI can assist companies in identifying potential partners for R&D projects for future Calls for Proposals. Please fill out a Partner Search Form to receive dedicated assistance and to enter the Israel Innovation Authority partner search database.
- At least one science and technology company from the respective economies, fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below, should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side.
- Academic/Research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint industrial R&D project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- Companies and projects from all technology fields are eligible to apply.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process. The companies also have to observe the relevant IPR requirements under the respective government funding schemes.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both economies.
- The project should be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is three years subject to the rules of the respective government funding schemes.