Israel-Italy Joint R&D Call for Proposals
Deadline for Submission:24/05/2022
Within the activities foreseen by the Agreement for Research and Development Cooperation in Industrial, Scientific and Technological fields, signed by Italy and Israel on June 13, 2000 (hereinafter called “the Agreement”), the Directorate General for Cultural and Economic Promotion and Innovation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation for the Italian Party, and the International Collaboration Division of the Israel Innovation Authority for the Israeli Party (hereinafter called “the Parties”), agreed to issue a call for proposals for the selection of joint Italian-Israeli industrial research and development projects eligible for financial support, as foreseen in Article 4 of the Agreement.
Joint industrial R&D projects with priority are in the following areas:
- Medicine, biotechnologies, public health and hospital organization;
- Agriculture and food sciences;
- Application of information technology to education and scientific research;
- Environment, water treatment;
- New energy sources, oil alternatives and exploitation of natural resources;
- Innovation in production processes;
- ICT, data communications, software, cyber security;
- Space and earth observation;
- Any other area of mutual interest.
This program is operated under the Authority’s Bilateral R&D Incentive Program with International Partners
The support offered is detailed in the Bilateral Incentive Program for R&D with International Partners
- The Italian partner can be an industrial entity (company) or a non-industrial entity (university, research center, etc.). The applying industrial entity must be a company that runs R&D activities, and realizes the project either independently or in association with other public or private companies or entities. In case the company does not run R&D activities directly, it must be assisted by a non-industrial entity (university, research center, technological park) able to carry out the proposed research as an associate. The product or service resulting from the research activities must show evident potentialities of improving already existing products or creating new ones on the market, in order to guarantee sale profits to the participating company. The applying non-industrial entity (university, research center) must be associated with an industrial entity, whether or not it runs R&D activities, for the realization of the project;
- The Israeli partner must be an R&D performing company, which will incur revenue from selling the product/service developed during the project. The Israeli partner may be technologically and scientifically assisted by a non-industrial entity (university, research center, etc.) as a subcontractor;
- The Italian and Israeli partners must express their willingness to cooperate, on a balanced basis, towards the development of a new product, industrial process or service;
- The product, process or service must be innovative;
- The project’s content and budget should be well balanced between the Italian and Israeli partners;
- Cost estimates must be congruous with the planned activities;
- The intellectual property regarding the output of the financed projects must be regulated in accordance with the “Partnership Agreement” finalized by the winners of the approved projects.
The deadline for submission is May 24th, 2022 at 12:00 (Local Israel Time)
The Israeli applicant is required to submit the full Israel Innovation Authority’s application by May 24th 2022, at noon, in accordance with the Israel Innovation Authority regulations, through an online system following the instructions on the relevant incentive program on the Authority’s website. In addition to the local application, an LOI/MOU and a Bilateral Application Form (BAF) must be submitted by Israeli companies.
If the Project Proposals are not received by both the Italian and the Israeli Parties, through the procedures and by the dates indicated above, the Project Proposals will not be accepted.