Call for Proposals for R&D plans of projects in the Early (Ideation) Stages – to help with the challenges of the Coronavirus
Deadline for Submission:07/04/2020
The Israel Innovation Authority, in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and the Headquarters for the National Digital Israel Initiative at the Ministry of Social Equality are issuing a Call for Proposals to Israeli technology companies (that are not one of Israel’s health organizations) to submit R&D plans for technological ideas and/or drafted implementations in the early (ideation) stages for dealing with the challenges posed by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
Submission will be through Track 2 (see Appendix A – on Hebrew website)
All relevant technologies
This CFP refers to technological ideas and/or drafted implementations in the early (ideation) stages.
The plan must engage in research and development of technological ideas that may assist in dealing with the challenges posed by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
There is no restriction on the project field for this CFP and it may include, among others, one of the following:
- Streamlining and improvement of the diagnostic process, including: diagnostics, streamlining and improvement of testing and diagnostic process and solutions that will enable efficient and massed testing for the coronavirus to be carried out in Israel in the near future.
- Tools for contagion reduction and prevention.
- Expansion of remote healthcare services, including a significant expansion of the quantity and types of services that are provided digitally, or which can be provided without a need to physically visit the health organization. All this including, but not limited to, treatment, prevention, diagnostics, monitoring, process streamlining, interfaces and systems, for the individual and/or the general public.
- Development and re-purposing of antiviral products for treatment of the disease, or other products that may serve as a supporting therapy, or for diagnostics and prevention.
- Solutions for patients in home confinement or hospital quarantine.
- Digital solutions for controlling, monitoring, and forecasting the spread of the virus.
- Solutions for smart management of public assistance centers, and for the effective communication with the public in times of pandemic outbreak
- Solutions to expand the capacity of respiratory intensive care units and that assist in the monitoring and simultaneous treatment of multiple people hospitalized with acute respiratory disease.
- Solutions that assist with the physical activity and the well-being of senior citizens staying at home.
- Solutions that help support special needs population, due to their home stay outside their routine special-ed system.
All this in order to promote:
- Development and implementation of innovative technologies in treating and coping with the coronavirus.
- Advancing the healthcare system and public health in Israel and abroad.
- The creation and growth of complete and sustainable companies by promoting innovative technological solutions.
What you get?
- Financial support of 20% – 50% of approved R&D expenses.
- https://innovationisrael.org.il/growth/pilot/digitalhealth#field-name-field-application-instructionsExceptional financial support of 60% – 75% of approved R&D for a project with an outstanding potential to contribute to the advancement the healthcare system and the public health in Israel and abroad.
*The scope of the total support will depend on the scope of total financial sources for this CFP.
- Applications may be submitted up to March 26th, 2020 at 14:00 (technical support will also be provided up to 14:00).
- Responses are expected within ten days of the deadline.
- An additional CFP will opened on March 26th 2020, with its submission deadline being April 7th, 2020 up to 10:00 on that day.
How to submit an application for the CFP?
The submission process and application forms are described in detail in the Innovation Support Track for Selected Fields – Digital Health. The forms should be submitted through the personal area on the Innovation Authority’s Hebrew website.
* Note: In addition to the general forms, select and complete the “form for the support of R&D in an Ideation stage for the outbreak of the coronavirus” (instead of the form used for Track 2 routine submissions).