Strengthened capacities of first responders
Expected Outcomes: Projects’ results are expected to contribute to the following outcomes:
- Methodologies to support product developers in designing customized tools for first responder applications.
- Inventory and comparison of existing mobile laboratories, evaluation of quality management systems for maintenance, validation and testing. Identification and evaluation of existing technologies, highlighting their strengths and weaknesses.
- Guidelines for model-system interfaces, definition of performance parameters for a better evaluation of models and evaluation of different models using these performance parameters.
- Evaluation system on how improved decision support may be achieved, and mechanism to test effective ways of treating uncertainties in order to improve decision-making
- New solutions for the fast, reliable and unambiguous detection and identification of infectious agents, diagnostic tests, monitoring and mapping of contamination and enhanced field data communication to decision-making authorities. Testing and implementation of most promising user-centered technologies in real-worlds conditions.
- Improved real-time detection, tracking and analysis of different situations, incidents and risks
- More targeted actionable intelligence and more efficient command operations due to the fast analysis of different information sources
- Enhanced European and global interoperability for different types of first responders (e.g. firefighters, medical responders, police, civil protection)