ISERD, the Israel-Europe Research and Innovation Directorate, is responsible for promoting Israeli activity in the European research arena and strives to provide Israeli entities with access to the European Framework Program. Further information on the program, events’ schedule, monthly explanatory presentations, and contact details for each technological field can be found on the ISERD website.
Goal of the incentive program:
The Framework Program – Horizon 2020, operating between 2014-2020, constitutes the world’s largest platform for funding research, development, and innovation, with a total budget of 77 billion Euros over the past 7 years. Israel is a full partner in the program and Israeli entities are eligible to submit requests for grants.
The program provides direct funding for a wide range of sectors, fields of technology, and various entities according to calls for proposals and strives to promote technological excellence in Europe. The EU and the Innovation Authority also jointly fund additional associated programs called ERA.NET Co Fund.
Who is the program for?
- Any organization or legal entity that would benefit from cooperation in international research, development, and innovation processes: companies, startups, corporations, research and academic institutions, government agencies, hospitals, municipalities, non-profit organizations, and others.
- Small- and medium-sized groundbreaking companies via the Accelerator EIC Program.
- Outstanding scholars for pioneering research via the ERC Program.
What do you get?
- Grants to fund long-term R&D
- High percentage financing for the project (87.5%-125%)
- A financial grant without relinquishing IP or an obligation to pay royalties
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this program, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site: