Deadline for Submission
Thailand - National Innovation Agency (Public Organization)
Israeli and Thai companies engaged in collaborative R&D projects are invited to apply for financial support through the Thailand-Israel R&D Cooperation Program.
The Kingdom of Thailand, and the government of the State of Israel signed a bilateral agreement in 2018 to form the Thailand-Israel program for Industrial R&D with the primary aim of supporting joint industrial R&D projects aimed at the development of products or processes leading to commercialization in the global market
NIA and Israel Innovation Authority invite Thai and Israeli companies to submit proposals for funding for bilateral technological Innovation projects, involving at least one company from each country, which includes science and technology (S&T) development leading to commercial success, social good and benefit to both countries.
In order to apply to the current call for proposals, companies and projects must meet the following criteria:
- At least two technology companies from the respective countries, fulfilling the company eligibility criteria mentioned below, should express a desire to cooperate in the research and development of a new product or a new process.
- The project may involve more than one company from each side; academic/research entities are eligible to join as sub-contractors only.
- The product should be highly innovative with significant commercial potential. The joint Technological Innovation project should aim at the development of products/processes leading to commercialization in the global market.
- Companies and projects from the fields of Agritech, Foodtech, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Cyber Security will be mainly focused.
- The project partners should agree in advance on the IP rights and on the commercialization strategy of the product or process.*
- Note: For the submission phase, only an LOI (Letter of Intent), a preliminary agreement or draft MoU is required, however the final agreement has to be presented to the funding authorities.
- The project should demonstrate the contribution of the participants from both countries
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners.
- The maximum project period is three years. The evaluation process in the Israeli side shall be year by year.
Any partner whose cooperative Technological Innovation project is consistent with the aforementioned criteria can apply to the present Call for Proposals in accordance with the national laws, rules, regulations and procedures in effect.
The total funding from the Government of Israel via the Israel Innovation Authority will not exceed 50% of the eligible and approved costs of the R&D, in accordance with the national laws and regulations
Two-Step Application Process:
Submission of the Bilateral Cooperation Form - The form should be filled out by both applicants together, and identical copies should be submitted to the program managers in Thailand and Israel. In Israel to Ms. Adi Maller, Program Manager, Asia-Pacific Adi.Maller@innovationisrael.org.il
The Bilateral Cooperation Form must be signed by both Thai and Israeli partners and must include a Letter of Intent (LOI) or MOU detailing IP plans for the project.
The Israeli partner is required to submit to the Israel Innovation Authority the National Application form in accordance with the Israel Innovation Authority regulations, through an online system.
A signed copy of the Bilateral Cooperation Form and Letter of Intent are required to be uploaded as well.
In addition to access to funding schemes, we offer companies assistance in identifying potential partners for R&D projects. This service is offered on an on-going basis. Companies interested in this service are invited to fill out the attached Partner Search Form.