Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
Singapore-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD)
The Singapore Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD) is a co-operation between the Singapore Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and the Israel Innovation Authority to promote, facilitate and support joint industrial R&D collaboration between Singapore-based companies or research and development entities, and Israel-based companies across different industries.
- The application must be jointly submitted by a Singapore-registered company or research entity and an Israel-registered company.
- Either company must not have more than 20% shareholding in the partnering company. The joint project must be undertaken in Singapore and Israel.
- At least 30% of the actual R&D work must be done in Singapore as well as in Israel.
- Technology and product developed must have potential for commercialization.
- Companies must have the ability to fund the supplementary portion of their project budget after a grant.
- Israeli companies currently participating in Israel Innovation Authority’s incubators, can submit a joint proposals if the project duration of the joint project takes place after the company finishes its project at the incubator.
- Technical Capabilities
- Financial Capability
- Commercialization/Marketing Capability
- Synergy Between Companies
- Level of Innovation/Novelty
- Potential for Commercialization Success
SIIRD provides research and development (R&D) funding up to US$1.5M for joint R&D projects between companies based in Singapore and Israel.
SIIRD operates 3 funding tracks:
- Full R&D funding – up to USD 1M for all sectors, and up to USD 1.5M in Agritech, food tech and Healthtech. Project duration is up to 2 years.
- Feasibility Study Grant – up to USD 30K for all sectors, and up to USD 50K in Agritech, food tech and Healthtech. Project duration is less than 1 year.
- Pilot Project Grant – USD 1M for all sectors. For companies in TRL 6-8, have finished most of the R&D works, and during the project duration will pilot together the technology. Project duration is up to 1 year.
Please refer to SIIRD’s website for full details on each track.
Interested companies are welcome to apply for this funding by following the instructions in the Proposal Submission page in SIIRD website.
Grant disbursements to Singapore and Israeli companies would be in local currency i.e., Singapore Dollars and Israeli Shekels respectively.
The SIIRD funding covers the R&D portion of the companies’ total development cost in the joint projects. Part of the funding is also extended towards joint commercialization activities in the project.
- Discuss with your partner and Decide to Collaborate
If there is interest to submit a project co-funding application to SIIRD, after their discussion on joint R&D collaboration, Companies are advised to contact the SIIRD Managers in the respective countries to understand more about the SIIRD Program and to share with the SIIRD Managers the proposed project in mind.
Recommendation: It is recommended to submit an Executive Summary according to the forms on SIIRD’s website or any other format for initial feedback. Executive summaries shall be accepted for feedback up to 3 weeks before the deadline of the call for proposal. The intention is to give the companies feedback on their eligibility and missing information.
- Submit Full Proposal to SIIRD
Both Companies shall work on the Full Proposal using SIIRD’s Guidelines and Templates. Both Companies can use the following checklist to double-check on the documents required for the official submission:
- Full R&D Proposal with Project Gantt Chart, Project Members' Resumes, Revenue Forecast Table and Audited Financial Reports of Each Company
- Project Budget of Each Company
- Other Supporting Documents, if any
- The finalized set of documents are to be submitted to SIIRD via the Email below and through Authority’s online application system. Guidelines for submission to the Innovation Authority are in the link above.
- Project Evaluation
Following the Full Proposal Submission, Evaluation Meetings will be conducted in Singapore and Israel at the Companies’ premises respectively. Independent Reviewers and the SIIRD team will visit the Companies and presentation on the Project will be required from both Companies during the Meetings.
- SIIRD Board Approval
After the Project Evaluation, the Project Proposal will be presented to the SIIRD Board for approval. The SIIRD Board Meeting is convened twice a year. Approval's decision of the SIIRD Board will be conveyed in writing to both Companies.
Deadline for submission is February 24th, 2022 at 12:00 (ILT)
Applications must be submitted jointly by the Israeli companies and their Singapore partners.
Interested in this collaboration program but do not have a partner? Fill out the Partner Search Form, send it to the contact email below, and we will try to help you find the right match.
For Israel Singapore Fund (SIIRD) by clicking here