Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
Singapore-Israel Industrial Research & Development Foundation
The Singapore Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD) is a co-operation between the Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and the Israel Innovation Authority to promote, facilitate and support joint industrial R&D collaboration between Singapore-based companies and development entities, and Israel-based companies across different industries.
SIIRD seek to promote research and development in Singapore and Israel by helping Singapore-based and Israel-based companies to collaborate on R&D joint projects as well as helping them find the relevant partners (using a dedicated Partner Search format) and providing up to US$1M in funding for joint R&D projects.
SIIRD programs has been expanded to include non-commercial Research and Development entities in Singapore (A*STAR research institutes, R&D entities in the Universities, Polytechnics, etc.).
Through joint R&D collaboration using SIIRD's funding, companies can:
- Create new/enhanced products and technology,
- Expande product portfolio for customers,
- Create new markets
- Shorten time to bring new/enhanced products and technology into the market
SIIRD offers 3 funding programs:
- Full Scale R&D commercialization projects
- For project valued at above US$400K with commercialized product or technology and project duration of no more than 2 years in SIIRD.
- For project valued at up to US$1M or 30% to 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- For project valued at up to US$30K for commercialization activities.
*** In SIIRD the funding provided is up to US$1M or 40% to 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- Mini R&D commercialization projects Projects
- For project cost below US$400K with commercialized product or technology and project duration of no more than 1 year.
- For a project valued at up to US$200K or 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- For a project valued at up to US$30K for commercialization activities.
- Pilot projects
- For a pilot project or testbed near-market technologies (e.g. above TRL 6) with a beta site for the purpose of commercialization and project duration of no more than 1 year.
- For a project valued at up to US$1M or 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- Feasibility Study projects
- For initial project to determine the technical feasibility and market acceptability of a new product or process concept.
- For a project valued at up to $30K or 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
* This program is operated under the Authority’s incentive program for Bilateral Funds and the Israel-Singapore Fund (SIIRD). Please read the full details on the Fund’s website
For further information about SIIRD please refer to SIIRD’s website
- The application should be submitted simultanously by a Singapore-registered company and an Israel-registered company.
- Either company should not have more than 20% shares of the partnering company.
- The joint project must be undertaken in Singapore and Israel, with at least 30% of the actual R&D work done in Singapore and Israel respectively.
- Technology and product developed must have potential for commercialization.
- Technical Capabilities
- Financial Capability
- Commercialization/Marketing Capability
- Synergy Between Companies
- Level of Innovation/Novelty
- Potential for Commercialization Success
The preconditions and criteria for evaluation are detailed in the Authority’s incentive program for Bilateral Funds.
SIIRD provides research and development (R&D) funding of up to US$1M for joint R&D projects between companies based in Singapore and Israel. Interested companies should apply for this funding by following the instructions stipulated in the Proposal Submission page on the SIIRD website. For projects approved after May 2017, the grant disbursements to Singapore and Israeli companies would be in local currency i.e. Singapore Dollars and Israeli Shekels respectively.
The SIIRD funding covers the R&D portion of the companies’ total development cost in the joint projects. Part of the funding is also extended towards joint commercialization activities of the project.
The support offered is detailed in the Authority’s incentive program for Bilateral Funds and the Israel-Singapore Fund (SIIRD) website.
Submit Full Proposal to SIIRD
Both Companies should work on the Full Proposal using SIIRD’s Guidelines and Templates. Both Companies can use the following checklist to double-check on the documents required for the official submission:
Full R&D Proposal with Project Gantt Chart, Project Members' Resumes, Revenue Forecast Table and Audited Financial Reports of Each Company
Project Budget of Each Company
Other Supporting Documents, if any
The finalised set of documents are to be submitted to SIIRD via Email and through the Authority's online application system.
Following the Full Proposal Submission, Evaluation Meetings will be conducted in Singapore and Israel at the Companies’ premises respectively. Independent Reviewers and the SIIRD team will visit the Companies and presentation on the Project will be required from both Companies during the Meetings.
- SIIRD Board Approval
After the Project Evaluation, the Project Proposal will be presented to the SIIRD Board for approval. The SIIRD Board Meeting is convened twice a year. Approval's decision of the SIIRD Board will be conveyed in writing to both Companies
- Please note! If there is interest to submit a project co-funding application to SIIRD, after their discussion on joint R&D collaboration, Companies are advised to contact the SIIRD Managers in the respective countries to understand more about the SIIRD Program and to share with the SIIRD Managers the proposed project in mind.
It is recommended to submit an Executive Summary according to the forms on SIIRD’s website for initial feedback. Executive summaries shall be accepted for feedback up to 3 weeks before the deadline of the call for proposal.
For additional information regarding the submission process please refer to SIIRD website.
Interested in this collaboration program but do not have a partner? click here to fill the Israel Singapore Fund Partner Search Form, and we will try to help you find the right match.