Deadline for Submission
Israel Innovation Authority
Singapore-Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD)
The Singapore Israel Industrial R&D Foundation (SIIRD) is a co-operation between the Singapore Enterprise Singapore (ESG) and the Israel Innovation Authority to promote, facilitate and support joint industrial R&D collaboration between Singapore-based companies or Singapore-based research and development entities, and Israel-based companies across different industries.
SIIRD seeks to promote research and development in Singapore and Israel by helping Singapore-based and Israel-based companies with R&D Partner Search and providing up to US$1M in funding for joint R&D projects between them.
Since June 2011, the SIIRD programme has been broadened to include non-commercial Research and Development entities in Singapore (A*STAR research institutes, R&D entities in the Universities, Polytechnics, etc.).
Through joint R&D collaboration and SIIRD's funding, companies have:
- Created new/enhanced products and technology,
- Expanded product portfolio for customers,
- Created new markets, and
- Shortened time to bring new/enhanced products and technology into the market
SIIRD offers 3 funding programs:
Full Scale –
- For project cost above US$400K with commercializable product or technology and project duration not more than 2 years.
- Fund up to US$1M or 40% to 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- Fund up to US$30K for commercialization activities.
Mini Project –
- For project cost below US$400K with commercializable product or technology and project duration not more than 1 year.
- Fund up to US$200K or 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
- Fund up to US$30K for commercialization activities.
Feasibility Study –
- For investigation project to determine the technical feasibility and market acceptability of a new product or process concept.
- Fund up to $30K or 50% of the total qualified project cost, whichever is lower.
For further information please refer to SIIRD’s website
- The application must be jointly submitted by a Singapore-registered company and an Israel-registered company.
- Either company must not have more than 20% shareholding in the partnering company.
- The joint project must be undertaken in Singapore and Israel.
- At least 30% of the actual R&D work must be done in Singapore as well as in Israel.
- Technology and product developed must have potential for commercialization.
- Companies must have the ability to fund the supplementary portion of their project budget after a grant.
- Technical Capabilities
- Financial Capability
- Commercialization/Marketing Capability
- Synergy Between Companies
- Level of Innovation/Novelty
- Potential for Commercialization Success
SIIRD provides research and development (R&D) funding up to US$1M for joint R&D projects between companies based in Singapore and Israel. Interested companies are welcome to apply for this funding by following the instructions in the Proposal Submission page in SIIRD website (www.siird.com). For projects approved after May 2017, the grant disbursements to Singapore and Israeli companies would be in local currency i.e. Singapore Dollars and Israeli Shekels respectively.
The SIIRD funding covers the R&D portion of the companies’ total development cost in the joint projects. Part of the funding is also extended towards joint commercialization activities in the project.
- Discuss and Decide to Collaborate
If there is interest to submit a project co-funding application to SIIRD, after their discussion on joint R&D collaboration, Companies are advised to contact the SIIRD Managers in the respective countries to understand more about the SIIRD Program and to share with the SIIRD Managers the proposed project in mind.
- Submit Executive Summary to SIIRD
If SIIRD is receptive to the proposal, both Companies shall jointly prepare an Executive Summary using the Guidelines for Executive Summary and submit to SIIRD via Email.
- Submit Full Proposal to SIIRD
After the submission of the Executive Summary, both Companies shall work on the Full Proposal using SIIRD’s Guidelines and Templates. Both Companies can use the following checklist to double-check on the documents required for the official submission:
- Full R&D Proposal with Project Gantt Chart, Project Members' Resumes, Revenue Forecast Table and Audited Financial Reports of Each Company
- Project Budget of Each Company
- Other Supporting Documents, if any
The finalised set of documents are to be submitted to SIIRD via Email, and 5 sets of hardcopy to the SIIRD Singapore Office.
After sending the material by e-mail and receiving a confirmation email from SIIRD - the Israeli company will be required to access the Innovation Authority's website to fill out a questionnaire and upload the forms in the website
- Project Evaluation
Following the Full Proposal Submission, Evaluation Meetings will be conducted in Singapore and Israel at the Companies’ premises respectively. Independent Reviewers and the SIIRD team will visit the Companies and presentation on the Project will be required from both Companies during the Meetings.
- SIIRD Board Approval
After the Project Evaluation, the Project Proposal will be presented to the SIIRD Board for approval. The SIIRD Board Meeting is convened twice a year. Approval's decision of the SIIRD Board will be conveyed in writing to both Companies
Please enter the SIIRD website for submission of proposals
Partner search available - please fill in the form by clicking here