Deadline for Submission
Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India
Global Innovation & Technology Alliance (GITA)
India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund (I4F) fund is a cooperation between the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, and the Israel Innovation Authority, Government of Israel to promote, facilitate and support joint industrial R&D projects, between companies from India and Israel to address challenges in diverse sectors. The launched in July 2017 is a joint $40 Million USD I4F fund with equal contribution from both sides over a period of five years. I4F is aimed to promote, facilitate and support joint Industrial R&D between India & Israel which would lead to co-development and commercialization of innovative technologies benefiting both the countries. The first Call for proposals opened in Januraray2018 and has already approved funding for 4 projects.
The call for proposal will close on November 24th, 2018.
Eligible Israeli Applicants:
An Israeli for profit R&D performing company, which is registered, operate in Israel as Project Lead (ISPL), responsible for the Israel application submission, leading the Israeli side of the project and communicating with the Indian Project Lead.
The Israeli Project Lead (ISPL) ((i.e. lead company) and any other Israeli company that is signed on the Cooperation and Project and Funding Agreement, are subjected to the Israeli Research and Development Law (1984) and to the Israel Innovation Authority Board Guideline number 1.
Profile of supported projects
- Full-Scale R&D Projects, focused on development of new products, processes or technologies.
- Product Adaptation Projects: adaptation and customization of a product to in the markets e.g. in Israel, India or elsewhere, including but not limited to:
- Adaptation of product in consideration of local cultural / technical considerations
- Adaptation to local conditions, such as climate, infrastructure etc.
- Regulatory considerations, particularly for foods and drugs
- Reduction of price to customer by the utilization of local components
- Reduction of price to customer by optimization of specification
- Establishment of beta-sites
- The project must be balanced between participants and significant to both partners (no less than 40%-60% split to either partner).
- The project timeframe is limited to 2 (two) years .
- The Indian and Israeli company must both show their ability to financially match the 50% funding provided by the funding entities during the project.
Israel Innovation Authority will support a range of 0.25 Million USD to 1.25 Million USD per project or 50% of the Israeli Project Cost whichever is lower.
Project lead from Industry must contribute minimum 50% of the project - Government of Israel provides financial support of up to 50% of the project in form of Conditional Grant (repayable depending on the success, in the form of royalty up to the grant amount).
Israeli companies seeking further information on the requirements and application process to this Call for Proposal, should refer to the Israel Innovation Authority's Hebrew site