Innovation Authority High-Tech Indices
Startup Companies Sub-Index:
- Net new companies: This sub-index represents the net change in the number of Israeli companies operating in the high-tech sector i.e., the number of new Israeli high-tech companies opened less the number of Israeli high-tech companies that closed.
- Number and value of capital raised by companies: The value and number of financing rounds that Israeli high-tech companies raised from all investors – venture capital funds, angel investors, and others.
- Number and value of exits: The monetary value and amount of exits by Israeli high-tech companies after deducting exceptional deals. An exit is defined as an IPO (Initial Public Offering) or an M&A (Merger and Acquisition).
- Capital raised by funds: The total capital raised each year by Israeli venture capital funds. This figure constitutes an indicator of projected future investments by those funds in Israel
Mature Companies Sub-Index:
- High-tech employees: The number of salaried employees in the high-tech sector, excluding those employed in the communications services sector.
- High-tech exports: Total exports of high-tech services and industry sectors.
- Blue-Tech Index: The Tel Aviv Global-Blue-Tech Index, which includes all shares in the technology and biomed sectors. The index is calculated as the average of the daily closing indices for each year.
- Value and number of secondary offerings: The number and scope of public funding rounds enacted by Israeli high-tech companies whose securities are listed on the stock exchange (secondary offerings). These variables depict the continued growth in value of Israeli public companies.
- Value and number of high-tech acquisitions: The number and value of merger and acquisition (M&A) transactions enacted by Israeli high-tech companies where the acquired company is not necessarily an Israeli or a technology company.